Tax Tips

The latest tax tips

By wilkinson | April 19, 2013

Answers to questions about employee status or deducting meals expenses incurred at the golf course are available in our latest tax tips. Check out our Publications section.

2012 Year-End Tax Planning

By wilkinson | December 17, 2012

With the year-end quickly approaching we should all set aside some time to review our financial situations and take steps to reduce or defer our current tax burdens. Read the latest tax tip to learn more.

SR&ED: Expenditure Limits

By wilkinson | December 11, 2012

The eligible expenditure limit can have a huge impact on your tax credits from Scientific Research and Experimental Development (“SR&ED”) programs. Learn more from our latest tax tip.

Medical Benefits

By wilkinson | July 9, 2012

If you have been benefiting by redirecting a portion of your bonus to a health care spending account, read our recent tax tip to learn if changes by Canada Revenue Agency affect you.

Moving Expenses

By wilkinson | May 8, 2012

You may be able to claim moving expenses on your tax return if you have moved to start a new job or moved to continue your self-employed business. Learn more from our latest tax tip.

Investment Expenses

By wilkinson | April 25, 2012

Our recent tax tip explains how you can deduct expenses incurred to earn investment income. Visit our resource section for more helpful tax tips.

Apprenticeship Tax Credit

By wilkinson | April 18, 2012

There are tax credits available if you currently have, or are looking to hire an apprentice. Learn more from our current tax tip.

Children’s Arts Amount Tax Credit

By wilkinson | April 11, 2012

Parents can benefit from their child’s enrolment in artistic, academic and cultural programs. Our recent tax tip explains more.

Deducting Home Office Expenses

By wilkinson | March 21, 2012

Are you aware that you can, in limited circumstances, deduct home office expenses? The recent tax tip explains who can deduct home workspace expenses and what expenses qualify.

Mileage for Medical Expenses

By wilkinson | October 19, 2011

Did you know that you can claim travel expenses if you have to receive treatment that is not available to you within 40 kilometres of your residence? The cost that is deductible can be public transportation (e.g. taxi, bus, or train) or vehicle expenses if public transportation is not readily available. Read more from our…