Hello Co-op Students
Co-op At Wilkinson
Co-op Students will have the opportunity to gain hands on professional experience in many aspects of the public accounting services while with Wilkinson, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop technical skills in areas such as: compilations, reviews, audits, bookkeeping and tax
- Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements, and compilations per regulatory standards;
- Assist with tax engagements;
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with peers, managers, or engagement partners to develop resolutions;
- Gathering evidence and documentation to support audit and assurance engagements;
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, peers, and partners.
- Ensuring and maintaining the highest standard of professional integrity and competence;
- Possess a working knowledge of the firm's systems, research materials and quality control procedures; and
- Bring your passion to your team and the work you do!
- Buddy Program: Works closely with the assigned mentor for the purpose of professional development and ongoing support.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Specializing in Accounting is preferred);
- Working towards all necessary prerequisites for admission into the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP);
- Enrollment in a post-secondary Co-op program;
- Previous public accounting related experience is an asset;
- Previous client service related experience is an asset;
- The ability to work effectively as a member of the team;
- The ability to effectively communicate with peers and clients both written and orally;
- Experience working with, or familiarity with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Tax Prep, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial