Whether you’ve started your journey in a business-related field or are looking into your options, it is always good to know what is available to you in any job field!
Careers At Wilkinson
Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department. Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements. Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountants work closely with our team of enthusiastic and skilled accounting professionals to provide high quality work and personal service to a wide variety of clients and industries.
CPA Articling Students
We have developed a highly successful staff-training program that ensures all students are exposed to a wide range of clients, offering them the experience and knowledge required to complete the requirements of the CPA (Professional Educational Program).
Staff Accountants work closely with our team of enthusiastic and skilled accounting professionals to provide high quality work and personal service to a wide variety of clients and industries.
The Accounting Technician is expected to provide high quality and timely services to clients and internal staff. Accounting Technicians’ work is assigned by partners, managers, and senior staff in a timely fashion.
Bookkeeping is the backbone of all accounting. Accurate and complete daily and monthly recordings of all business transactions are essential for the preparation of all accounting reports.
Assists in preparing financial documents for businesses and individuals to comply with the law. They are primarily experts who ensure that legal requirements for tax returns are met.
Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
Providing human resources services, recruiting staff, processing employees, updating records, improving employee retention levels, and enforcing safety and health policies.
Responsible for helping organizations obtain better brand recognition and financial growth. They coordinate with company executives and sales & marketing professionals to review current market trends to propose new business ideas that can improve revenue margins.
The receptionist at Wilkinson are the first ones you see when you come to Wilkinson or the first you talk to when you call us. They ensure documents are organized and ready for clients.
Become a Chartered Professional Accountant
Every accountant’s journey to the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation looks a little different. As a CPA certified training firm, we are dedicated to helping all of our staff reach this point in their career. Click below for more information about this journey.
Students' first step in the CPA journey is earning an undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance or business. There are also programs that bridge from college to university that offer a diploma as well as an undergraduate degree. We recommend enrolling in a program that offers co-operative opportunities to gain experience.
Apply for the CPA Professional Education Program
Once step one is completed, students can apply for PEP (this course is province-specific) and begin completing the six modules needed to write the final CPA exam.
The modules include the following:
- Two common modules that cover six technical competencies: financial reporting, management accounting, audit and assurance, strategy and governance, finance, and taxation.
- Two elective modules where you can choose from the following options: assurance, performance management, tax, or finance.
- One capstone integrative module: focuses on building leadership and professional skills.
- One capstone exam preparation module: prepares students for the final exam they must take to complete the program.
Complete 30 Months of Accounting Experience
Much like an apprenticeship, students must gain 30 months of experience in order to write the final CPA exam.
This experience can be gained two ways:
- The pre-approved program route: CPA Canada typically partners with employers in your area that offer employment and training programs to students. This gives you a mentor that can help guide you as they understand the program.
- The experience verification route: You can also find your own employer, but CPA Canada typically approves your choice. With this option, you must find a CPA mentor willing to guide and coach you.
- Wilkinson & Company LLP is a pre-approved program...
Pass the Final Exam (CFE)
During the three-day CFE you will be required to:
- Demonstrate depth in Financial Reporting and/or Management Accounting and in your Elective depth role and breadth of your abilities across all six technical competencies based on the CPA Competency Map.
- Upon successful completion of your CFE you will have Limitless possibilities that await you.
- In order to become a CPA Member, you must complete all three components of the program: Education, Examination, and Experience. As a Candidate that has passed the CFE you have now completed two of the three components of CPA PEP. You will also need to complete the practical experience requirements prior to your Experience Completion Deadline before you will be eligible to apply to become a member of a provincial CPA body.